If no building exists, this backyard hutch will protect the animals in most climates. It utilizes both wooden and wire parts. Be certain wooden parts are sanitized regularly when used.
Hutch Building Materials
- 2 ft. 2” x 4” (door support)
- 66 ft. 2” x 2” (back, front, side framing)
- 80 ft. 1” x 6” (roof & hinged panels)
- 72 ft 1” x 3” Shiplap, 8 pieces. -8 x 4” (back)
- 42 ft. 1” x 2” (braces & nailers)
- 9 ft. x 30” 1/2 x 1, 16 gauge, galvanized mesh (Floor)
- 15 ft. x 24 “ 1 x 1, 14 gauge, galvanized mesh (front & sides)
- 36 sq. ft. 45# Felt roofing paper
- 2 1 x 1 x 1/2” x 4” Door Latches
- 8 Hinges (door & side cover)
- Misc. Nails, hooks, eyes & wire
Note: Hutch size varies with the breed of rabbits for which they are intended. This hutch plan is for medium breeds. If you raise small breeds (3-6 pounds) the hutch length could be cut to 3 feet instead of 4. Giant breeds (14 pounds and up) need much more room. For them, extend these plans to make each hutch 6 feet long. These sizes are recommended for one doe and her litter.
The hinged side doors would be needed only in climates where cold weather is a factor.
Johnson's Milling & Feed Inc. carries an array of animal health supplies for your veterinary needs, daily requirements, and emergency supplies, including supplements and formula. Please call us or stop in to learn more about our complete selection of animal health supplies.
LIVESTOCK HEALTH PRODUCTS
The following is a partial list of the products we have available for cattle, equine, goat, poultry, sheep, and swine:
- Feeding Block
- Pour On
- Pellet Feed Additive
- Roll On
- Super Mask II
- Feeding Blocks
- Ear Tags
- Hoof Management
- Nutritional Vitamins
- Pain Management
- Weight Builder
Antibiotics & Injectable Medications
- Vitamin B Complex
- NFZ Salve & Powder
- Matrix Wound Care Products
Livestock Vaccinations and More!
If you are not sure which product will suit your needs, just ask one of us. We will be glad to assist you.